A “cookie” is a small text file which is stored on the user’s hard drive or mobile device. Cookies perform a number of functions associated with browsing websites and are used for a variety of different purposes, such as tracing users from page to page on an internet site, thereby enhancing a user’s browsing experience. They are generated by web servers when the user enters an internet page and are passed to the user’s computer or mobile device and stored for subsequent future access.
The FXandCFD.com Website uses the following cookies:
Session cookies are used to temporarily store information about logged in users. These cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer, and do not identify the user. We use the following session cookies:
- “ASP.Net_SessionId”: this cookie helps to identify each browser session on the server so that the user has an uninterrupted journey through the FXandCFD.com Website. It expires automatically when the session ends.
- “ASPXAUTH”: this cookie concerns the part of the FXandCFD.com Website that requires a username and password authentication. It determines that a user is logged in. When the user logs out, the cookie expires.
- “ARRAffinity”: these cookies are set by our hosting provider to help load pages efficiently by routing users to the same server consistently. They expire as soon as you close your browser.
- We use “ABCD#lang” to remember the language in which a user is browsing the Ashurst Website.
Permanent cookies are used to enhance a user’s browsing experience by “remembering” that user on subsequent visits.
- We use the “recentOffice” and “recentPeople” cookies to speed up navigation by giving you the option to return to pages you have already visited. The cookies expire one year after the last page was requested.
- “SC_Analytics_Global_Cookie”: this persistent cookie identifies repeat visits from a single user. The cookie expires one year after the last page was requested.
- “SC_Analytics_Session_Cookie”: this cookie is used to collect anonymised information about how visitors use the site, including the number of visitors, where visitors have come from before coming to the site and the pages they visit on the site. The cookie expires one year after the last page was requested.
Acceptance of cookies
To protect the security of the FXandCFD.com Website, we use the “_requestverificationtoken” cookie. This cookie verifies a visitor’s identity in order to prevent “Cross-Site Request Forgery” attacks, where unauthorized commands are transmitted from a user that the website trusts.
Generic Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used by Google Analytics, which monitors traffic levels, search queries and visits to our website. Google Analytics stores internet protocol (“IP”) addresses on its servers in the US. An IP address is a unique number assigned to each device (such as your computer) that allows it to communicate with other devices on a computer network (such as modems, printers or other computers). Neither FXandCFD.com nor Google associate your IP address with any information that can identify the user personally.
These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.